Land Use, Zoning, Transportation; Other Local Approvals
The Firm's Marine Recreational and Industrial Environmental Work
Buchanan & Associates provides comprehensive environmental counsel to recreational and industrial concerns, handling a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permits - The firm has extensive experience addressing all matters related to structure, mooring field and dredging permits. The firm has strong relationships with highly skilled engineering groups who provide the specialized knowledge and expertise to help secure your permit.
- Wetlands Protection Act approvals - Attorney Madeja works with state and local conservation commissions to help commercial entities meet the requirements of the Wetlands Protection Act. She also handles wetlands appeals, including cases involving delineations (whether an ecosystem qualifies as wetlands).
- Compliance with state environmental regulations - The firm advises clients regarding ways to proactively avoid violation of environmental regulations and represents companies who have been cited for environmental violations.
- Environmental or zoning opinions - Attorney Madeja can review development proposals and provide you with an opinion regarding whether the proposal will comply with environmental or zoning regulations and what would need to be done to bring the project into compliance. This includes affordable housing permitting.
- Contract issues - The firm advises clients who seek to bid on water-dependent use contracts, and prepares contracts for a wide range of commercial enterprises that use state waterways.
- Boston Redevelopment Authority and Article 80 approvals.